A malpractice case consist of four parts that must be proven for the plaintiff to prevail: the medical care provider must have had a duty to act, the person failed to act according to the standards of care, that his or her failure caused harm to the patient and what damages occurred? Many cases brought before attorneys have been dismissed because legal nurse consultants were able to identify that they had no merit. This saves the attorneys, courts, and clients time and money.
To help determine if a case is worth pursing legally, QMLC will:
- Search through medical literature to find medical guidelines and other information relevant to the case
- Find facts and evidence relevant to the case
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Assess alleged damages or injuries
- Define the standards of care
- Identify past medical history and relevance to the case
- Support findings and help with discovery and development of the case
QMLC has 21 plus years of hospital nursing experience and can analyze the available information and provide an informed option about the quality of medical care given and the outcome that resulted from that care.
Don't see what you need? Contact us to discuss our services in more detail,
as we have the expertise to assist you with just about any case where health, illness or injury is an issue.